Friday, March 27, 2009

Tagged: Fairies Caught on Film

I was tagged by Samantha to post my 6th picture in my picture files on my computer. I was sure it was a random picture of someone from Ryan's work until I actually looked. When I saw which picture it was, I gasped. I wasn't sure I was up for posting it but here goes. Ryan's mom, Patsy, shared an idea with me a few years ago. She said she and a friend would dress up like fairies and visit ladies who needed a little pick-me-up or were having a birthday, etc. I thought it was a fun idea and shared it with one of the crazier ladies I know. About a week later, she called me up and said "Hey, let's go fairy some one!" Little did I know she thinks doing it in public is more fun than just at someone's house. Ryan documented our first outing before we left. Our first victim was actually at a trivia game at our local library and since then it has mostly been for people's birthdays and we show up at the restaurant and act like crazy fairies and sing happy birthday. These two ladies, Kathleen and Renee (and my friend Katharine), actually showed up for my birthday dinner out with the family last November. It was great. Addy was so embarrassed she hid underneath the table until they left. It's been really fun and I have to admit I always look forward to doing it. Thanks, Patsy!

3 comments:

Kevin and Emily said...

What a fun idea. I love it! I would go be a "fairy" with you if we lived closer.(= Hope potty training is going well!

Amy said...

I remember you telling me about this great tradition . . . I am so happy to see you carrying it on! You're too cute!

The Dragonfly said...

Thanks for sharing! You are too cute. I'd forgotten about this tradition of Patsy's. I might have to start it out here . . . I'm in the need of some merry making and know a few sisters who could use the cheer up.