
Last Friday the kids and I planted some seeds indoors to get ready for spring. (Ryan came home and thought they were little chocolate donuts at first sight. I think he was a little disappointed to find out it was a seed starting kit.) We figured in a few weeks we can transplant them to our garden. We planted petunias (chosen by Halle), sunflowers (chosen by Mia), peas, cilantro and basil. Even Luke helped plant some seeds. Addy was with a friend all day so she missed out this time. The kids have loved watching how quickly the little plants have shot up from the ground and even I have been amazed at how quickly some of them are growing. The sunflowers have grown the fastest (probably because we live in Kansas, the Sunflower state!) with peas coming in a close second to the basil. Just this morning the cilantro and petunias peeked out. Just five days growth has been impressive.
Spring is definitely my favorite season. I love watching as our grass turns green, our daffodils bloom and our trees begin to bloom as well. It fills my bucket, as Patsy would say.
1 comments:
Good idea to start them indoors. We did some sunflowers that way last year and they grew to be a whopping 5 feet tall!
I'm slacking so far this year...keep posting about your garden so I get inspired.
Post a Comment