The whole setting the clock back or forward has never been so hard on me as it has been this time. I have to admit, I am HATING it! I am a morning person who likes to see the sun shining bright and early and instead I must wake to darkness. I'm not a fan of that. And it's making it really hard for me to get out of bed. Also, having the sun go down so much later keeps throwing me off. I think we have so much time left in the day and then...the sun sneaks down and BAM! It's time for the bedtime gauntlet, which I don't really feel like I have the energy for these days. Just brush your teeth, read to yourself and tuck yourself in. That's what I want to say to the kids but of course it's not that easy. By the time they are all tucked in soundly, I have to crash myself. It's killing Ryan that I am rarely awake past nine o'clock these days. My body can't take it. Some one needs to come up with a way to add an extra few hours to the day for napping (and during that time a secret fairy can swoop in and do all the laundry and get dinner started). How about somebody get started on making that a reality?
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
15 hours ago
4 comments:
You and me both! I've decided pregnancy and daylight savings do not mix! My problem is the opposite though - I can't fall asleep at night because my body feels like it's an hour earlier and then the backlash hits in the morning. Soren sat at the foot of my bed today watching Scooby Doo while I slept just a little longer (try 9:00!) AAACK!
My kids had no school yesterday for a teacher work day, so when I had to get them up this morning, I was tripping all over stuff in the dark and then the kids told me it was too early - all because of no sun light! Then, to make things worse, we got snow (again!) last night and I had to go clean the car off in the cold AND dark and let it sit there and run for 15 min. I hate that too. At least longer days in the evenings will be nice when it gets warmer. I think this year's Daylight Savings is hard because it came so early in the year. Oh well. Take care! :)
I hate it, too. Also, my kids started back on track yesterday, so we're dealing with DST PLUS staying up too late because of no school! I don't know if we'll ever get back on a schedule!
I luv this post! The kiddos and I have had a rough ajustment this week. So who do we complain to? :)
Post a Comment