Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lukey turns two!

I figured with his great love for Legos, a Lego cake would be appropriate. Sadly, we were running short on time before dinner and had to quickly frost the cake. I don't think Luke noticed the imperfections, though. Addy spelled out his name in Legos for the occasion.
He actually did a pretty good job of blowing out the candles. Not too much spit on the cake.
Ryan has to make sure Luke has enough boy toys to counteract all the dolls and dress-ups in the house. Thus he got Star Wars figures, Diego legos and a Little Tikes basketball hoop.

It's hard for me to believe Luke is already two. The time has gone by soooo quickly. I think his lack of speech and short stature put me in even more denial that he is growing up. He is such a sweetheart. I sure love that little kid and don't know what our family would be like without him. Happy birthday little Lukey! 

7 comments:

Allie said...

That cake is a favorite at our house! Happy Birthday Luke! He's darling!

Sunny said...

So cute! And Sorry for keeping you on the phone while you were doing the cake...but I think it looks great! You're always so creative.

Amy said...

Okay, cutest cake ever! I'm going to steal it for Ethan's birthday . . . I'm not even going to ask, I'm just gonna steal. So cute.

Josh n' Joni said...

What a great cake! Smart idea! Happy birthday Luke!

Amber King said...

Happy Birthday Luke! He looks older all ready.

Laura said...

Love the cake! That is really cool!

Kevin and Emily said...

Awesome cake- I may have to steal that idea in the future.(= Luke is such a handsome little guy. Glad you guys had such a fun celebration.