Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Fun

Phase One: Breakfast
I searched the web for some new April Fool's jokes to play on the kids this year. I didn't want to do anything too mean that would make the kids cry so I resorted to a few harmless pranks. I threw a few drops of blue food coloring into Addy and Halle's cereal bowls before I poured their cereal in. Then I poured in the milk while they were watching. As soon as Addy put her spoon in and started to eat, everything turned blue. It was a harmless prank but she knew right away who the culprit was.

Phase Two: Lunch
I made sure to pack a "special" lunch for the girls for to take to school today. They each have one apple with a gummy worm poking out. Hopefully, they'll get a laugh out of it. Then I emptied a bag of rainbow chocolate chip cookies and filled it with baby carrots and a note and re-glued it. For the record, on the back of the note is a P.S. detailing where they can each find the real cookies (hidden in zipper pockets in their lunch bags). I didn't want to be too mean. Also, I used heavy duty double-sided tape to close their sandwich bags so they would have a little extra trouble opening them. 





Phase Three: Dinner
For dinner, I know I can't even try to trick Addy and Halle another time in one day. Instead we invited the missionaries over, following in last year's tradition. I wasn't up for making a whole fake gross dinner like last year. Instead I'm resorting to some easy-to-pull-off pranks. We'll be leaving a note on the door with a box of macaroni and cheese apologizing that something came up and we can't feed them. Then we'll grab them before they head home to say April Fool's. We're having a real dinner with some Kool-Aid (minus the sugar!) and cupcakes with cotton balls in the middle for dessert. Nothing too mean, just a little something they'll have to write home about. 

Happy April Fool's!!!

P.S. Luke also played an April Fool's joke this morning. He completely dumped out a brand new bottle of shampoo (which I just purchased yesterday to replace the last bottle he completely emptied). Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. 

6 comments:

Josh n' Joni said...

You are so darn cute. I just love it.
I didn't play any tricks today - not even a fake pop quiz or anything. The good thing was, I didn't get any tricks played on me, either. :)
Happy April Fool's Day!

Amber King said...

Well done Christy, well done!

Laura said...

How funny! I hope the missionaries loved the "yellow death" you left on your doorstep.

Amy said...

You're such a fun mom! I love those ideas, especially for the school lunches . . . it's great to have an audience!

Sunny said...

Always so clever Christy...my favorite was the carrot sticks in the cookie bag! I'll have to steal your ideas for next year.

Kevin and Emily said...

You are the coolest Mom!! These were all such fun ideas and will give your kids great memories.