We have a lot of friends that work at Payless' corporate headquarters here in town. One of them thought it would be funny to have Addy wear these shoes home from Activity Days on Wednesday night. I about died when she walked in the door. I don't think I've ever seen shoes more hideous. Have you? They remind me of an armadillo with a little bling. If you actually like these, I'm sorry. I was really glad that Addy agreed they were ugly. We don't always see eye to eye on everything clothing-wise so I was happy this was one thing we could agree on. What's your take?

12 comments:
oKAY, YOU are definately right, HIDEOUS just about sums it up.
ugliest.shoes.EVER.
They wouldn't be so creepy and animalistic if the heel didn't curve.
Creeptastic!
They would go great with break-away pants.
I want to look away but can't. that heel... it's just so... unnatural.
YIKES!!!
Is Payless SERIOUSLY selling those? Someone should be fired! ha! At first glance I thought they were paper mache :)
oh yeah, NAS. TEE. period.
Although I think I saw some of these at the movie theater a couple weeks ago (at our bi-annual actually-go-to-the-movie-theater-night) with some black skinny pants and . . . . yes, it's true . . . LEG WARMERS!!! I couldn't stop staring, I'm sure I looked weird, but, ah, she looked WAY worse! hahahaha
Yes, armadillo shoes is quite right. Funny of the activity day leader.
Yes, those are awful. It looks like someone threw up on an armadillo. Very funny.
So, probably too late for anyone to catch this, but here is some background on those shoes. Some guy named Christian Siriano won the Project Runway TV show, and ended up being a designer for Payless. A few of his runway designs (like the ones in this post) are going to be sold in about a dozen Payless stores. If they were actually priced with the same margin as the rest of the typical Payless stuff they would cost around FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS!Shockingly some people will pay that much for them. Who knew?
Payless is going to sell them $75-100 though, basically not making any money on them given the cost to manufacture them.
armadillo. armadilo. armadillo. armadillo. armadilo. armadillo.
Post a Comment