Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Snow Day!

This snow day I realized that maybe I focus a little too much on making fun memories without enough "building good work habits" so...before the kids could watch tv or play in the snow or any other fun activity, they were required to work, work, work. They quickly worked and helped clean the kitchen, bathrooms and their bedrooms so they could enjoy the snow. Luke, on the other hand, was not so helpful. He didn't want to even put a toy away or get his clothes on. Thus, the grumpy kid-in-his-underwear picture.

Once the girls' chores were done, they suited up for the snow and ran outside. They worked hard trying to dig out some snow caves in the huge mounds of snow next to the driveway.

Here's Halle's finished snow cave. She started the night before so had a headstart on Addy, who was too frozen to finish hers.

A quick shot of our narrowly shoveled walkway.

3 comments:

Josh n' Joni said...

Can you believe all the snow we've gotten? I hope it stops soon or I'm going to have to make them up at the end of the school year...

The Dragonfly said...

Brrr! It looks really cold! (as I sit with my back to the fire.)

bfav said...

I'm jealous. Our kids haven't had any snow days. boo.