We sat down last night as a family to talk about goals we would like to work on for the new year. We thought about things we would like to work on as a family and individually. It was a great reminder of things we had slacked off on toward the end of the year. We set new goals, specified what we were going to do to reach them, etc. It felt great.
I had also been thinking about what personal goals I wanted to set for the new year. I know once January is over and winter eventually turns to spring, sometimes my goals can go to the wayside. In an attempt to hold myself accountable I thought I would share some of my personal goals for 2010.
1.) Do the important things FIRST (scripture reading, personal prayer) before I allow myself to do the not-so-important (check email, update blog, etc).
2.) Complete Topeka Tinman Triathlon in June
3.) Read 1 book a month
4.) Be a more involved mother: play more
While we were visiting my dad and Judy in December I walked past a frame filled with pictures surrounded by this poem:
I hope my children look back on today,
And see a Mother who had time to play.
There will be years for cleaning and cooking
For children grow up when we are not looking.
It stuck in my mind and I have been thinking about it ever since, thus my goal #4. Thank for the inspiration, Judy.
1 comments:
Aren't goals magical? I love them. That might be the deech in me. Hot mama doing the Tri. Good luck.
Post a Comment