Halle has had two front teeth that have really been trying to work themselves out. One of them used to be more loose but the new tooth has come in behind and sandwiched it in there. I think we may have to get the dentist to help remove that one. The other one has been loose and dangling the past few days. When her teacher noticed and asked her if she was a hillbilly, I decided it was time to yank it out. (Ryan was not very happy about her teacher's comment. Thankfully, Halle's pretty thick-skinned, but what kind of teacher asks a kid if she's a hillbilly?) I guess if you look at the picture below, you might ask the same question. I did have her pose that way on purpose to highlight her hillbilly tooth.
Hillbilly Halle (before)
I like to pull teeth and was excited to yank it out. Halle, on the other hand, was terrified. She cried and whined until I thought I was going to go crazy. Finally, I gave up and told her to go to bed. A few minutes later she came up and said it had practically fallen out in her hand.
Halle the next morning sporting her toothless smile with Claire
Here's where the story turns sour. Halle woke up this morning and came upstairs disappointed that the tooth fairy had not taken her tooth. She must have forgotten. I have to admit we have a REALLY LAME tooth fairy that visits our house because she seems to forget more often than she remembers. I don't know what to do to remind her to take the tooth and leave some loot. It's pretty sad. She doesn't have a very good track record. When Halle told Addy that the tooth fairy had not come, Addy had a sheepish smile and recalled when the tooth fairy had also forgotten her teeth in the past. Thankfully, she tried to smooth things over by helping Halle think of reasons why the tooth fairy had not taken it. Hopefully, she'll remember to take that tooth tonight. Does anyone have any fabulous ideas for a forgetful tooth fairy?
9 comments:
Our tooth fairy is forgetful as well. I think a good amount of loot should take care of it. As for the rude teacher, I think that was totally uncalled for. Shame on her for picking on a kid.
My tooth fairy forgot one time too. I got over it when I awoke to a substantial amount more than I would have gotten the day before.
On a different occasion, my tooth fairy came twice for the same tooth. He must have come one time, and his wife came the next. :)
You know our tooth fairy is terrible. Things that worked for us: your tooth is too small, we'll need to tape it to a note for her to find it better. Or maybe there were lots of kids that lost their teeth last night and she couldn't make all the rounds. Or your dad and I were up really late last night, maybe she didn't come because she was scared one of us would catch her.Or maybe she wanted your dad to see the tooth before she took it. (Aaron out of town.) Yikes, our tooth fairy is the worst. But all of these excuses worked.
I always leave sticky notes all over the place saying "tooth money" in a variety of languages so that the kids can't read them but it serves as many reminders to me to do it before I go to bed. "l'argent pour les dents", "ha no okane no koto masurenai"....things like that or make up a code word like "crown wealth" or "rich fillings" that would job your memory.
sorry "wasurenai" not "masurenai" oops!
Our tooth fairy forgets ALL the time too. If you find a good way to reminds him/her I would love to hear it. Sometimes the Tooth Fairy comes later that morning with a note with loot on top of the pillow saying sorry but it was a busy night. That has seemed to work.
This just happened at our house. Luckily our toothfairy stops in while kids are eating breakfast. This time she left a few extra cents as interest for being late.
we have a forgetful tooth fairy too! Maybe it's just her and not any of us . . . either way, sometimes the sad-child-who-just-woke-up-with-no-loot comes and tells the parent, who has to check "just one more time" and ah ha! There it is! It was under a corner of the pillow they didn't check before . . . whew! Thank goodness for tired children : )
And hey, I'd be happy to send you some screening if you want! How big is your frame?
loves!
Wish i would have read this earlier because London had a similar experience not too long ago. However, the tooth fairy wrote in super tiny handwriting that she was really busy but had a special coin for her that she was saving. It was a gold dollar coin. But London was more excited about the note cuz she left glitter(fairy dust) on her note.
Post a Comment