Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Kansas Day!


I hope you're not expecting this post to have a lot of random trivia and facts about Kansas because it doesn't. It just happens to be Kansas Day (the 149th bday of Kansas, in case you were wondering). Next year will be their sesquicentennial. Try and say that one five times fast. If you'd like you can bake a cake and eat it in honor of our amazing state.


Today I went on a field trip with Addy to the Kansas History Museum (much thanks to the lovely Katharine for watching the wee three to make it possible). It was nothing spectacular (though I think there were about a million people there to celebrate Kansas' birthday). It was crowded and the kids in my charge all wanted to go in different directions. We got to watch the governor speak (he's pretty tall) and listen to some female race car driver from Kansas. But the most important part of the day was that I could be with Addy and show her I love her. That's why we do the things we do, right?

It felt good to spend time with Addy and then to come pick up my kiddos and snuggle my cute baby. It's a good day, even if my house is a wreck and Ryan is going on a camp out tonight (to freeze his buns off in the cold). At least I get to stay in my warm house and do whatever I want. Maybe we'll bake a cake and sing Happy Birthday to Kansas.

Happy Kansas Day!

2 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

Isn't it just nice to get out sometimes with an older child and no baby? Hannah and I went on a date last night and it was so fun!

Josh n' Joni said...

AS Josh and I were freezing in our house(we keep the heat really low, and it got really cold last night) he said, "At least we aren't going on the Klondike Campout." Yes, that was true. I'm sure I was lots more comfortable than your poor husband.