We had a fun trip to Denver beginning with the car ride there. Some people have told me they think I was crazy to make a trip like that with 4 kids being as pregnant as I am. Those people just don't have kids as great as mine. What can I say? Addy was my co-pilot and documented our view for most of the trip. It was pretty much flat open fields with the occasional farm or cluster of windmills. Fairly boring...
Here is where the fun begins. We have a video clip of one of the dance parties that took place on the way there. Enjoy! The backseat was the place to be. I'll be posting more pics (and dance videos with the cousins) later this week. There were too many for one post.
P.S. For the record, there were a few not-so-perfect moments like Luke having to poop it when we stopped for lunch and Mia was asleep in the car. It's not so easy to haul everyone into a bathroom by yourself. Luckily, I thought ahead and had a mini potty tucked away in the back with a diaper inside that came in really handy. I would recommend this for everyone traveling with small children who can't always hold it for long periods of time. The diaper inside makes for no clean up. Just toss and go.
6 comments:
Anytime you want to come back, you know we want cha.
We used to make the drive from Leavenworth, KS to Denver, CO all the time to visit cousins. Havoc was generally wrought and I can remember two special drives where my momma got a speeding ticket and our car basically broke down and blew up. Good times . . . good times.
I love the dance party. Also, the potty/diaper idea is genius!
Wow, such a great idea! You never cease to amaze me girl! Dance parties are such a must on vacation. :) Love the windmill photo...and the bugs on the sunset! What a fun trip. You are soo brave. Glad you have a wonderful time! ps, tomorrow's post is about you. :)
You are the coolest mom ever!! Loved the dance party video.
Way cute! What good little kids!
Post a Comment