Pretty much our whole goal of the trip was to hang out with the cousins at their awesome neighborhood pool all week. The beauty of this pool is the layout (great areas for both big and little kids), a lifeguard always on duty and the unusual lack of other people. It is always a ghost town for some strange reason which makes it SUPER easy to watch all the kids. We were a little worried when rainy, cold weather appeared on Tuesday. Luckily, the rest of the week the weather cooperated and our goal was accomplished. Here are Addy and Halle with their darling, redheaded cousin, Lauren. These big girls pretty much swam, dove for things and had fun together the entire time.
Luke enjoyed just kickin' it in the shallow end playing with cups and toys, squirting people with his squirt gun (a favorite past time) and climbing all over his mom and thoroughly wiping all her sunscreen off.
Mia was also happy to just hang out in the shallow part most of the time. For the record, I did take turns taking the little kids out "swimming" in the deeper water. I wasn't just lazying around the whole time.
Halle came back looking the most like an indian. She gets super tan pretty easily. Here she is just taking it easy.
I think Addy's favorite feature of the pool was the water slide. She went down it several times. I have to admit, I even really liked it and took Luke down on my lap a handful of times. Thanks again, Faveros, for sharing your sweet neighborhood pool. This isn't the last you've seen of us!
3 comments:
Okay, that makes our neighborhood pool look shameful. How fun! I really was hoping for a swimsuit shot of the pregnant mama! :)
oohhh that pool does look great! I'm glad the kids were great for you to and from Denver. It gives us hope for our drive. Looks like you had a great time, also, you made it out just in time before the Tornado down there. Crazy!
I wish we could have gone! Jonathan at one point even offered to drive us out in his car then fly home...and then fly back to get us. I didn't think it was worth the extra hassale and cost...but maybe I should have just done it.
Post a Comment