After lots of cutting and sewing and embroidering, etc. the baby's quilt is finally done and I am so happy with how it turned out. I have had some requests for pictures to see the finished product. Here it is...
Here are some close-ups of the appliqued birds and embroidery. I think they turned out really cute.
On the back I used that soft minky fabric. I love the look and feel of it but learned it's kind of a pain to hand sew when I was doing the binding. Hopefully, our little baby will like it.
12 comments:
It is absolutely beautiful! I'm a loser mom-to-be - no handmade quilt from me . . . if I had lots of money, and you had time and weren't pregnant yourself, I might have to commission one from you!
So cute - your baby will love it cause you made it! I made one for all my kids except for poor Nathan (#1), so we made the weirdest looking Spiderman one together 2 summers ago, and he takes it to all his read-a-thons at school, and Grandma days, etc. And he tells everyone I made it, yikes! Its fun, though, and like I said, they love it because they know you made it - and yours turned out great! Adorable, nice work!
It looks wonderful Christy! I am sure your little girl will love it.
SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!! I am always in awe at your projects. So creative and SO PATIENT!! Congrats Christy, it looks GREAT...do you take orders???
This is beautiful! I wish I had that talent, I don't even know how to cross stitch...
I LOVE it. It is by far the cutest one yet! Where did you get your idea?
Super cute!! And you did the detailing too!?! You've got skills!
Very impressed...and yes the minsky fabric is a slippery one.
I love it. I may have to steal the idea some day...if we have another girl someday.
Cutest quilt EVER! You are such a good mom. My kids all have quilt with minky on the back (but made by grandma, not mom!) and they LOVE them.
What an adorable quilt! When did you find the time... I'm guessing your a pretty busy pregnant lady! I had to hire out (aka GRANDMA) for Oliver and Sullivan's quilts... no projects got done this pregnancy!
I love it!!! I'm so impressed. I hope it will making it to the reunion so I can see it in person.
skills. nice work.
Post a Comment