Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dora the Thief


Mia and Luke were watching a little Dora the Explorer today. They came to a part in the episode where Dora and Boots have to cross a lake in Benny the Bull's boat. Unfortunately, Benny can't find the oars for his boat and Dora says she thinks she has some in her backpack. Mia turns to me and says, "Mom, I think Dora stole those oars!". Trying to save Dora's reputation, I suggest that maybe she just happened to have some in her backpack, that they are not Benny's (though really Mia's idea makes a lot more sense. Who keeps oars in their backpack just in case?) After awhile they make it across the lake and Dora doesn't take the oars back. She leaves them with Benny and Mia points out "See, those were Benny's oars. Dora didn't get them back. I think she needs to tell her mom and dad that she stole something". I have to applaud the fact that she was thinking about it and that she thought Dora needed to fess up to her thievery. Good job, Mia!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny!

Julie said...

That's hilarious...gotta love it.

Amber King said...

That's hilarious. Good job to Mia for spotting the real thief.