Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What I've been up to...

I've been spray painting like a madwoman. I was given this idea from a friend (thanks, Misty) inspired by the Anthropologie store windows. They've done AMAZING things with plastic bottles cut and painted to look like flowers. As soon as I saw it, I HAD to copy it and, thankfully, we had a big dinner coming up at church that we needed decorations for. No better way to decorate on a budget for a crowd whose really ready for spring. Who isn't? My friends and I have been cutting plastic water and soda bottles for hours. It's a good thing we're thirsty people who like to recycle or I don't know how we would have found as many bottles as we needed. I think I love it. Actually, I know I love it. I will definitely take pictures when the decorations are up and share them later. It should look amazingly fun and cheery. I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it (or it could be the paint fumes). :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These flowers made up of plastic bottle looks awesome. Wish if you could share the tutorial to create one. Iflorist.co.uk

The Dragonfly said...

These would be so darling dangling in a girly bedroom!

Misty said...

love them

Amy said...

WOW WOW WOW! I might be stealing these decorations for our Relief Society birthday night! I'm so impressed. I'd love more details about making them, too, if you have time to blog about it.

Jessica said...

What a fantastic idea! I am inspired! :)

Dahlia said...

They were A MAZ ING!!! Thank you for all the beauty and enchantment this evening :)

Sunny said...

Oh I may steal this idea for the girls room. THanks Christy!

Amber King said...

Very Fun. Yes, you might have to make a tutorial for all of us.

Anonymous said...

Soo anxiously awaiting the tutorial and photos of the decorating materpiece! So totally cool lady. luvs, treen