Thursday, March 25, 2010

Repurposing: Claire's Mobile

I LOVE mobiles. I think they look so cute suspended above a baby's crib or even from a light fixture. I've eyed ones on Pottery Barn Kids and Land of Nod. Luke has a fun one in his room that was given to us by a sweet neighbor. I had told her I loved it and the next week she gave it to me since she was redoing her son's room and it no longer fit with the decor. Lucky me! As some of you know, Claire is currently bunking in Luke's room. Don't worry, she's not in a bunk bed or anything but just his roommate. The original plan was that she would be his little brother and they would share his darling little boy bedroom. When she turned out to be his little sister it kind of threw a kink in my plan. For now, they're roommates and their room still looks like a little boy room, besides her girly crib bedding. My plan is to eventually have her share with Addy but downstairs is just too far away from me for the time being. I felt it was time to give her a little more girl decor, even if it was just a mobile above her bed. I had all these leftover flowers from our church dinner and envisioned in my mind how darling they would be as a mobile above her bed. I finally made it happen today! And it cost me $2 (for the wreath form I picked up from Michael's). Much cheaper than the Pottery Barn and Land of Nod versions and I like it a lot more. It turned out quite whimsical and fun and I think Claire is a fan, too.






7 comments:

Jeff&Rachel said...

This comment is for this post and the last, I love your creative family!

The Dragonfly said...

It turned out really cute! But Claire in a shirt that matches the mobile might be even cuter! Store bought mobiles are a total rip off. I've decided homemade is the way to go.

Erin said...

Super cute. I loved the flowers you made. So clever.

Josh n' Joni said...

Yours is way cuter than the ones you put links to. And tons cheaper too! Good work!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love it. I've been racking my brain thinking of how I can make a mobile for Truman's bed. The wreath form---I never thought of that. I'm totally stealing your idea! Thanks!!!! :)

My site is: simpleserendipity.etsy.com

All my jewelry is $5 and under. Feel free to spread the word and tell your friends. :)

If you want to host a giveaway on your blog, I'm game.

Thanks Christy!

Nicole said...

too cute christy. if you ever teach how to makes those at an activity- pleave invite me!

AW said...

super cute... girl stuff is so fun!