Several people have asked for a tutorial on how to make the flowers out of plastic bottles. I found a very simple one online that basically just said: score, cut, bend, paint. So that's what I did. I didn't find the need to score any of my bottles. I just pinched them a little and cut right through.
Then cut strips down the sides of the bottle.
Shape your petals and you're almost done. There are so many ways to do this. Be creative!
Last, but definitely not least, is the spray painting. That was the most fun. We had four or five different colors and I did a second coat with a different layer on some. Those turned out to be my favorites. We then used floral picks hot glued to the bottles to attach them to the walls (like giant thumbtacks) and hang them from fishing line.
This picture was taken (from a ladder) after our event, once all the tables had been taken down. It was kind of hard to photograph the ones hanging across the room (thank you, Amor!)
I think one thing that made them so fun was the variety of bottles and the variety of ways the bottles were cut. We used water bottles, soda bottles, flavored water and 2-liter bottles for bigger flowers with longer petals. We had four of us cutting our bottles and everyone did them a little differently. It was a really fun project overall and practically free. I'd love to see pictures if any of you end up making them into something fun. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
0 comments:
Post a Comment