Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Luke's Special Day

Happy birthday to this kid! I can't believe he turns three today. This picture is so depictive of Luke's personality as of late. He's been so, so BOY lately. I don't know what other way to describe it. The past three weeks or so he's been constantly hitting, throwing, destructing, teasing, mess-making, etc. I love him to pieces but he's been trying my patience (and his sisters) in a whole new way. Can you blame a boy with four sisters? He's gotta cope somehow. I'm pretty sure Ryan secretly likes it when I tell him what a pill Luke has been lately. (For those of you who don't know, Ryan grew up the only boy with four sisters as well. He can feel Luke's pain).
Despite my not-so-favorite boy traits of Luke's, I still love him like crazy and always will. He's still a sweet boy who loves his mommy and wants to snuggle up and play with my hair while he sucks his fingers. He loves Star Wars and trains and cars and even playing girl stuff with his older sisters occasionally. He's also still the BEST big brother and Claire loves him like no other. They have a special bond and he is her favorite despite the constant wrestling and squeezing. You can't fake that look of pure happiness. She loves her big brother. He can make her smile faster than anyone else.
Happy 3rd Birthday, little Lukey! We love you!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Happy Birthday you cute boy!

The Dragonfly said...

Luke is such a cutie! Why are the cuties always trouble? :)

ps. Claire's eyes are blowing me away.

Amber King said...

Oh, Happy Birthday Luke!!! The Kings did it again and forgot to call. Sorry buddy. (I even made a note Monday night. But clearly didn't look at it.)

Sunny said...

That is a great picture of Luke! If it makes you feel better... Jack is trying to prove himself to Emily and Ben. He's been in naughty time a lot lately.