Sunday, February 21, 2010

Simple Snowy Sunday

How do you possibly keep five kids occupied on a snowy Sunday when church is cancelled and you can't just send them outside to play in the snow? I was a little stressed thinking of the long day we were going to have. We decided to make some homemade finger paints. It took up at least a half hour of the long day inside...

Ryan was giving me a hard time about keeping all these old baby food jars but I told him I knew they would come in handy for a project some time. They look so pretty all filled with paint.

I was also glad we buy a lot of eggs and had empty egg cartons handy to divvy up the paint. I knew the girls would be bugged if they had to share with Luke, who likes to mix all the colors.

Addy trying to decide what to do.

Halle getting into it.

Luke creating his masterpiece.

No surprise. I caught Mia painting her nails with the paint. Always the princess. :)


We even let some chubby little baby fingers in on the action until she started ripping all the paper and shoving it into her mouth. No surprise there, either.

2 comments:

Josalyn said...

looks like fun, you should post your recipe for the paint :)

Anonymous said...

These are amazing...we ran out of our finger paints...I'd love to learn how to make it ourselves!