Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Project Runway: Barbie Edition

Last Monday when the girls were home from school for President's Day, We watched a few episodes of Project Runway I had DVRed. As I suspected, they loved it. Especially Addy. She loves sketching designs and got a little kit for Christmas that she has been in love with. After watching the show, Addy asked Halle if she wanted to do a little challenge of their own. She said they would have 10 minutes to choose their fabric (from my scrap fabric bins) and then they would start designing their outfits. I have to admit, I was impressed with what they both came up with without ANY help from me. Instead of my sewing machine, they opted for the glue gun. I thought that was genius. Much easier than sewing little dresses. Here are their final designs...

Halle's #1 ( I like the way this one ties at the neck)

Halle's #2 (You've got to love a sparkly top)

Addy's #1 (Probably my favorite. Don't tell!)

Addy's #2 (I really liked the creative gathered sleeves)

8 comments:

Erin said...

I'm impressed! I love the gathering and tucking, and it was all done with a glue gun. So creative! You tell them when we come down I want to join the competition.

Jessica said...

Impressive! I am a huge Project Runway fan as well.. (so is Russ but he will never admit it) You have the most talented girls! Hopefully one day it will all pay off and they will make you rich. :)

Dahlia said...

Very impressive on both girls' parts! What a great way to inspire them!!! I remember cutting up my old clothes and making new stuff (that I would NEVER wear) but these little numbers, with appropriate sleeves, I'd totally wear - good job girls!

Oh yeah, and I'll be needing that finger paint recipe from you too :)

Amber said...

Wow! I am impressed! I remember long days with fabric and glue-guns myself, great memories! (mine were not project runway worthy like this though!)

Amy said...

I'm pretty sure your girls have better fine motor skills than I do . . . plus more fashion sense. Go Team Wilson!

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic! Tell the girls I would love to take a class from them! They've got my vote for sure. xoxo, trina

Sunny said...

I'm very impressed (and I also love to watch Project Runway) Both girls have skills. They can design clothes for me any day.

AW said...

That is so cute and they're so creative!