Thursday, February 18, 2010

Flylady February

flylady_html.jpg

A few of you have asked about the Flylady Challenge I am participating in. I thought I'd write a short description to clue you all in. If you haven't heard of Flylady, you should check out her website at Flylady.net or read her book Sink Reflections. In a nutshell, she helps you take control of your house in little segments of time without ever making you feel like you're behind. Favorite Flylady quotes of mine are "Right away is the easy way" , "You can do anything for 15 minutes", "Anything worth doing, is worth doing wrong" and "It doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be done". It's super motivational and I felt like I was needing the motivation. I enlisted my sister and 2 friends to a challenge for the month of February. We made a list of things Flylady has in her daily routines, along with some additions of our own, and assigned a points value to each. We created a blog just for recording our scores and successes every day. I think I can speak for everyone who is participating when I say it has been AMAZING and is helping me to form great habits. I feel like I am in control of things as far as cleaning and laundry go and I don't feel overwhelmed like I used to. Each month Flylady has a different habit she has you focus on and this month's is de-cluttering for 15 minutes a day. I have been amazed at what I can accomplish in just 15 minute segments. My house is staying really clean and I am slowly de-cluttering all over. If you feel overwhelmed with getting everything done as far as laundry, housecleaning, etc. go, I highly suggest you look into Flylady. She has incredible ideas that are easy to implement and signing up for her reminder emails is completely free! What are you waiting for? I want to keep going past the month of February and having someone else compete in a challenge with me is super motivating. (It gives me accountability). Plus, it's fun to share your success and even pictures of what you've de-cluttered. If you're interested, let me know!

(Image and all ideas I've shared are credited to Flylady.net)

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm game for another challenge in March...I think accountability is key for me. I'm LOVING this!!!

Sunny said...

Oh that sounds great. THanks for sharing I'll have to try it out. More order and less chaos sounds heavenly.

Richey's said...

I would love to do it with you.

Anonymous said...

Weeks before Garrett was born, my VT began telling me about the flylady. I read quite a bit while resting, and was way impressed. You go girl!