Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Baby Gift (for a boy!)

I think I like this idea even more than the baby girl shoes. Probably because it took SOOOO much less time and is still super cute. Boy cute. Or should we say handsome? What little guy doesn't like the look of a tie without the choking factor (Luke hates ties, for the record. I think they are so cute on little guys but he hates them. I can't blame him.) An appliqued tie seems like the perfect solution.
Add some khakis and a simple vest and he's ready for church.
And if he's having a particularly drooly day, just stick on this super cute tie bib and he's ready to go. (And still looks cute for church).
Another tie bib I made that just might be my favorite. I love, love, love stripes.
P.S. All ties were made with fabric I repurposed from Ryan's old dress shirts except for the stripe. It was leftover from pillows I just made for the family room.

7 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

I am stealing this idea right now! Darling! Did you leave the edges of the fabric raw?

Josh n' Joni said...

I definitely love this idea too. I'm glad I could be the benefactor. I'm also glad to hear that you made the ties out of old shirts. I tried to find cute fabric at the store...and there just weren't any that screamed out at me.
Thanks again. You're the best.

Amy said...

I can't believe how creative you are. Good going!

My boys LOVE wearing ties, which I think is very very weird (but snazzy). They'd bug me too.

What Flylady challenge are you doing?? That's what I need to do . . .

Awesome0 said...

so cute. When and if I ever have a boy I want one of each :).

Rileigh said...

that was me :)

Sunny said...

Your skills still amaze my every time you come up with a new sewing project. I love it! Keep on sharing so we can benefit from your creativity.

amystueve said...

We love the one you gave us! It's too big for Samuel now, but Dave still wants to put it on him for church Sunday! ;-)