Every Monday around lunchtime, a special thing happens...the garbage truck comes. The kids saw and heard it on the street behind us so they knew it would be down our street soon. Luke's room has a fabulous window seat, the perfect spot to watch for the garbage truck.
After a few minutes, Luke was starting to wonder if the truck was really going to come. They had cranked his windows open just enough to listen for it.
As you can see from the clapping, the truck was spied just a few houses down. Luke, especially, was so excited. It must the boy in him that loves all vehicles big and noisy.
I think the driver has come to expect the kiddos watching from the window and this time he even honked the horn for them. They were feeling pretty special. I wish we could all be as easily amused as little children. They can make a simple, mundane garbage pickup an extra special event. I love these kiddos.
4 comments:
Christy, you are my hero! I thought I was the lone contender for the Meanest Mom--maybe we should compare notes . . . ; ) Loves!
Elle calls it the "dumpster truck" and flies full speed to the front door each Monday and Friday morning to watch. She considers it a special treat when we see one of their trucks while we're out driving too! Aren't the simplest things the cutest? Love the pictures - what cuties!
Way cute! I think kids do make life more exciting.
Do you remember the fleet of golf-cart-sized garbage trucks in Shaker Heights? That used to be the highlight of Grace and Ethan's day.
Post a Comment