Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Circle of Life

Luke and Mia got an early lesson on the circle of life yesterday. Monday morning we found a little baby bunny outside and they were calling to it and chasing it. They were both loving chasing and following it so much I could hardly pull them inside. Our neighborhood is full of wild bunny families. Sadly, our cat has found all their homes and makes it her mission to exterminate them. I think last summer her count was 12 at the end of the summer, mostly babies. She would always leave them as a present near our front door. Last week she started her count for this year, leaving us 2 presents. Well, yesterday Luke and I went out to the garage to go meet the girls at the bus stop and we found a most unpleasant scene. Colonel Jinxie was "playing" with the baby bunny in a not-so-nice way. Even Luke understood what was going on and it almost prompted him to tears to witness it. I quickly had my neighbor distract him while I took care of the incident the best I could. 

2 comments:

Allie said...

I'm so not a fan of cats, for many reasons. But the biggest one is that we are allergic. :( So sad, I think I would rather have the baby bunnies...

Sunny said...

Those are cute little bunnies! How fun to have them running around like that. Sad to hear that the cat leaves you bunny leftovers. Poor little Luke.