Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wax Museum

In third grade, the students choose a person from history and write a report and then dress up and do a "Wax Museum". Each child has a button on their hand. When you press it, they tell you a little history about their character. Addy chose Marie Curie, the famous scientist who was the first person ever to win two Nobel Prizes. If you look at the book cover, Addy might just be too cute and smiley to really pull off Marie Curie. :)
They also do a parade with all the kids in their costumes. I took Luke and Mia with me to see it all. I think Mia's favorite was one of Addy's friends who was dressed up like a princess (Princess Diana). I tried to convince Addy to do her hair a little crazier but she still looked cute and, with her microscope, her costume worked well. The little kids always love going to the school so we had a good morning. 

2 comments:

Josh n' Joni said...

That is such a cute idea! I will have to put that one in my files of things to do one day with my class!

Megan said...

Nathan's class did the same thing a few weeks ago, it was so cute!! He was Thomas Jefferson, and unfortunately I only had my cell phone camera to document.