We were watching some kiddos Monday when I really had the cleaning bug hit me. I knew I had to take advantage of it while I had the motivation and the energy. Luckily, it was a beautiful day so the kids were happy to play outside most of the morning. Right as they started to get bored, I had inspiration strike. I really wanted to mop my kitchen floor so I took all the kitchen chairs out on the deck. I gave each kiddo a bowl of soapy water and a washcloth and told them to clean all the chairs. Our chairs get dirty so quickly and always need a good scrub-down. The kids were super excited and got busy. All I had to do was dry them off and put them back in my sparkling, clean kitchen.
The little kids just enjoyed dumping their water and splashing in it.
For the record, Luke loves cleaning. I am going to enjoy while it lasts. On Sunday afternoon, some flour spilled on the floor. Without a second thought, Luke raced to the closet and got the broom and dustpan and swept it up. He did a pretty good job, too. If I have anything to do about it, he's going to make a great husband someday (or at least a great janitor).
1 comments:
Brilliant! I need to start recruiting some help from the kiddos too :)
Post a Comment