The little kids and I found a turtle on our front walk yesterday. We picked it up and brought it inside in a Rubbermaid container so the big girls could see it when they got home. For a turtle, he's actually pretty speedy so I thought Zippy would be a good name and the kids didn't object. I told them we could let them play with it for a little while and then we would let it go. They enjoyed letting it walk around the kitchen last night. Occasionally, we would lose track of it and find it crawling along the carpet in the family room (a no-no). It will be a fun pet for a day or two and I'm sure the kids will be sad when it's time to say goodbye.
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
15 hours ago
3 comments:
How fun! If your kids are unconsolable when its time to let him go, I'm sure my kids would offer them their iguana, Zeus. He's much grumpier than the other one we had, and they don't think he's much fun anymore. :) It was fine when he was just a little guy, but now that he's big AND grumpy, he's a bit much for them.
We've got some of them in our yard too, so if you regret letting Zippy go, you can come hunting in Meriden! (We've got frogs and toads too, in case you want to branch out!)
that's awesome--free temporary pet. oh and low maintenance, nice.
Post a Comment