Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Teeny-Tiny 7th Birthday Celebration

Friday we celebrated Halle's birthday in a teeny-tiny way. We sent out 2x2 inch invitations and tried to do everything mini. All the girls had to crawl through a mini door to get to the party. 
We ate a mini dinner of bagel bites, baby goldfish and little bananas sliced on toothpicks all served on tiny plates.
The girls played mini-golf, which we had set up in the basement, and a couple of other mini games and challenges until we ran out of things to do. Then Ryan suggested a hula hoop contest. We learned that Addy and Halle have mad hula hoop skills. They can each probably go about 10 minutes without stopping. Here's Halle striking a pose as she hula hoops. 
The dessert was, of course, mini cupcakes and mini donuts. I think all the kids had a good time, Halle especially. 

3 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

Totally stealing this awesome party idea! Teeny-tiny . . . I love it! We laughed until we almost peed our pants watching Ryan hula hoop. Great Sunday morning entertainment for the whole fam. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh Christy, what a darling party! Looked like Halle was truly the princess of the day! As for Ryan's hoola hoop career debut...i don't know what was better, watching him or the girls laughing hysterically! hugs!

Sunny said...

So cute and so creative!! And I feel like a dirt bag for forgetting to call her on the big day. I do remember in the morning when it's too early to call and then....I just forget. So sorry little Halle! We love you!