Can a person love a chair? The answer is yes! I'd been admiring this beauty ever since we moved in last December. My neighbor across the street had it sitting in her side yard and I fell in love with it immediately. The scalloped bottom, the chipping paint, the curved arms. I had been visualizing in my mind what a perfect prop it would be to take pictures of the kids on. When I found the right location and photographer, I had thought about asking my neighbor if I could borrow the rocker. To my great delight, I went to take my garbage out on Friday and saw it sitting on her curb. I could not believe my eyes. I immediately ran in the house and gave her a quick call to see if she was really parting with this beauty. She said the mowers had to move it every time they mow and she decided it was time to say goodbye. She said a friend was going to take it but it wouldn't fit in her car so she decided to just haul it to the curb. I told her my admiration for the chair and asked if she would mind if I snagged it. Thankfully, she was very happy for it to have a new home. I didn't hesitate one second to run over there and haul it to my backyard. Now it sits there for me to admire out my window all day. I even sat on it Friday afternoon while the kids jumped on the trampoline. Don't you think it's lovely?
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
15 hours ago
6 comments:
Darling rocker and FREE to boot! Gotta love it.
I like your style Christy. I probably would had cried a little for such a great find and the rest of a day would of walked around on a "thrifters high." Way to be aggressive!
Love. Jealous. Great find. :)
It's so charming. I can't wait to see pictures with your kids sitting on it. It's perfect!
You are so good at finding things! Wish I had your skills.
LOVE it!! Very jealous!
Post a Comment