Shortly after we moved here I received something from the school about signing the girls up for a program called “Girls on the Run”. I didn't know much about it but learned that their mission is to educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. Addy and Halle began going together 2 days a week after school. Each time they had a lesson about a variety of topics helpful to tween girls. My girls came home and told me about a lot of the things they were learning and I could not have been happier. Each day they also spent time running on the track. Each lap they completed, they got a band and they loved coming home with bands all up and down their arms. They seemed to enjoy doing it together and would tell me how they would run side by side many days. Addy came home and told me she never knew before how much she would love running.
One day I was at the school and one of the kindergarten teachers came up to me. She told me she was Addy and Halle’s GOTR coach. She said she wanted to tell me how great she thought they were. She said they were nice to each other and seemed like such good friends. She said they encouraged each other and she wished all sisters could be friends like they were. It was so nice and refreshing to hear. It gave me hope. At home, they fight a lot. They spend time together but they don’t always seem like the best friends she was describing. It made me so happy to hear that maybe they really are or will be as close as I hoped. It gave me a glimpse of future possibilities.
1 comments:
We have the same program at our school and I can't wait for Sydney to join next year. It's great!
Post a Comment