Monday, February 7, 2011

Halle's Room

We promised the girls they could have their own rooms in the new house and choose what bedding, paint, etc. they wanted. I was so happy with Halle's bedding choice. I love the colors and the design and thought it would be something she wouldn't quickly outgrow or tire of. It also reverses to a white background with flowers.
We took her pillowcase to Home Depot to pick the paint color. We ended up choosing a Martha Stewart color (violet aster). I thought it matched well but I didn't know how much I would love it. I have to completely endorse the paint and the color. It was low VOC so the fumes were minimal. The coverage was great. It took only one coat. And the color is beautiful. Plus, it cost only $27 a can, which is a pretty decent price for low VOC paint. It's always hard to tell from pictures but even Ryan admitted the color was really nice. It's kind of a deep grayish lavender. And most important, Halle loves it. Even Addy said she was a little jealous when she saw it (I hadn't finished painting her room at the time).
(Notice the fluffy bunny in the pic? He was currently out of his cage stretching his little legs)
And her room was the natural location for my little secretary that I love. We now have a large built-in desk in the kitchen so I didn't really have a use for it anymore. It looks quite pretty against the wall color and brings out the green in her bedding.
I've got my eye on some really cute metal flowers from Hobby Lobby for the wall. I'm just waiting for them to be 50% off.

P.S. Next up: Addy's room. I just need her to clean it up this afternoon so I can take pictures. :) It has a fun chalkboard wall and all.

2 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

that bedding is just happy. i love it.

Megan said...

Super cute!! Love the bedding - I want one just like it! Tell her she has great taste.