Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why reading can be dangerous...

This morning, I was desperately trying to finish up a book for book club. It was really good and I couldn't put it down. Luke was watching Nickelodeon and Claire was climbing up and down the stairs. The last time she came down, she toddled over looking like this:

...but she had a big smile on her face. She had found a black sharpie in Addy's room and gotten busy. Miraculously, she didn't get any on her clothes or anywhere else, for that matter.

I should also mention that yesterday she completely unwrapped, chewed up and spit out an entire package of gum I had purchased YESTERDAY. She was sitting on the floor 5 feet away from me while she did it and I was too engrossed in my book. This is why I cannot read as much as I would like to. I'm not a good multi-tasker and I am the first to admit it.

5 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

But you didn't tell us what you're reading! :)

bfav said...

love it. And I agree with Sam, I need to know the book.

Sunny said...

Don't feel bad...I'm the same way. And yes like everyone else...what book was it. :)

christy said...

The book was The Help by Katharine Stockett. I'm sure most of you have already read it. I highly recommend it if you haven't.

Jake and Rachelle said...

Just found your blog from facebook. It was a good book! You know you have a good book when your house is destroyed and you don't notice for a week :)