Today I am grateful for friends. I've come to realize what a great gift a true friend is. I had two of such true friends visit me this weekend. Friends I had for 4 1/2 years in Kansas who supported me and loved me and kept being my friend even though we moved to another state. Friends who have fun together even if you're not really doing anything in particular. Friends who helped me through the ups and downs of having babies, busy schedules, church callings, fitness goals, and life in general. The kind of friends I didn't feel the need to clean house for if they were coming over. Friends who brought me dinner or dessert just because they wanted to. Friends who accepted me even knowing me well enough to know all my faults and weaknesses. Friends who made me feel like I was great, even when I didn't really deserve it. Friends who taught me how to be a good friend.
And the crazy part is, I have been blessed with so many of these people in my life. I don't know why I have been so lucky. So, thank you to those of you who have been one of these amazing people for me. You know who you are.
4 comments:
You're welcome. Just kidding. Sure love you though!
Good and True friends are a right I think every woman has earned. So glad to hear you were pampered with a visit!
You are so lucky to have great friends because you are a great friend. You're awesome and the weekend was a blast. I keep dreaming about donuts and yathzee.
You guys had an earthquake?!?
And you saw the Duggars?
Post a Comment