Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Big Time Snow Day!

We got HAMMERED last night by the biggest snowstorm Northwest Arkansas has ever seen. I guess it just takes us moving here to bring the snow. They predicted 4-10 inches overnight. Ryan was a little doubtful we would even see that much. When we woke up, we had 14 inches on the back patio. This is what it looked like out our back door. It then continued snowing for several hours.

I took this picture on our back patio at about 5 pm this evening. It shows just over 21 inches. Ryan said he thinks I must have picked a big snow drift but the whole back yard is one even blanket of snow and this is the depth. I promise. (*I just saw the snowfall totals on the news and they confirm that Rogers got 22 inches of snow!)


Addy and Halle could not help themselves. They HAD to go out in it even though it was only in the teens. We made them get super bundled up. They lasted for about 30-40 minutes. As you can tell, the snow was still coming down when they went out. Deep snow, right?


Here's the wall of snow that was waiting when we opened the garage door. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. Ryan went out in the afternoon and shoveled our driveway but I'm pretty sure the streets are going to be the real problem. They never get snow like this so they don't have the equipment to take care of it all. School has already been cancelled for Thursday and I am sure they'll be out Friday as well. (In case you hadn't heard, our kids were out last week from Tuesday through Friday for snow). Thankfully, the weather is supposed to warm up around the weekend so hopefully that will melt most of it.


Here's looking across the street to our neighbor's mailbox. You can see the snow is halfway up. Last week our garbage was not picked up due to the snow. They were kind enough to tell us we could have 3 extra bags this week. Unfortunately, pretty sure they're not going to pick it up this week either since our garbage day is Friday. We better stop producing garbage somehow.

2 comments:

bfav said...

sooo jealous. I love big snow days.

Amber King said...

That's awesome!