Sunday, February 13, 2011

A snow story

Mia and Luke ventured out to the backyard to play on day #2 of our 22 inch snowfall while the big girls were at the sledding hill. I had Claire with me and just watched and listened from inside. The snow was still pretty deep and the going wasn't easy, especially when you're a little person with short legs. Mia took off through the yard and then supposedly got "stuck". She pulled the whole "I've fallen and I can't get up" routine with Luke.


I had sent them out with sand shovels, thinking that would make the play more fun. As Luke set off to "rescue" Mia, I couldn't help but laugh. He thought he was digging his way through the snow, sending snow flying all over. The shovel was doing nothing but kicking snow everywhere. He had such a serious look on his face as he trudged through. It made me laugh so hard, I had to have Ryan come watch the rescue mission with me from the window.

Finally, he made it to Mia. She was pretty happy that he had made it.

They continued to play and were pretty happy with the progress they made in digging out the Little Tikes table and playhouse.

All in all, a fun day.

0 comments: