...we mow the lawn, mow the lawn, mow the lawn. This is the way we mow the lawn so early in the morning. When we know the rain is coming, that is. Or when the next door neighbor mowed last night and now our lawn looks like a shaggy dog.
First, we let Nick Jr. do some babysitting. It's usually Dora but sometimes we go for some Little Einsteins. Commercials are the only time I worry about because we all know boredom=mischief especially when you're two. Luke makes sure to run outside and let me know if their show is interrupted by a recording of Cash Cab (or Tash Tab as he says).
Today Mia was a little under the weather so she just kicked it on the couch and let Luke be the messenger boy.
Second, put on grass and paint-stained mowing shoes. If you don't have a pair of these, you must be pretty lazy. Sorry, but that's my opinion.
Third, we bundle up Claire and tuck her in the baby bjorn. She's a good mowing buddy. She loves the sound of the mower mixed with the swinging motion. Sometimes she even takes a little morning siesta while we mow. Claire has to be outside with me for her own protection. Her two young siblings love her to pieces but I don't want to come in from mowing and find her that way, if you know what I mean.
Last but not least, fire up the mower and get to work!
There's something about mowing that I must admit I love. I don't know if it's the smell of the freshly cut grass, the satisfaction of the neat lines, the exercise or all of the above. I don't think Ryan enjoys it as much as I do but maybe that's because he grew up with four sisters and spent many a Saturday mowing and bagging lawn clippings. If I ever mowed growing up, it was done sitting atop our riding mower enjoying the fresh air.
7 comments:
You are too cute!
I haven't mowed our lawn since the self propel function broke on our mower. I'm sticking to my strike until it's fixed!
Ryan only mowed because he was paying off debt because of his little shinanigans my parents had to pay for. Don't feel too bad for him.
would you believe I have NEVER mowed a lawn? My dad was deathly allergic to grass so always had the neighbor boys do it, so I wouldnt even know how to start one! Now you make me think I am missing out on something! ;-)
And your too cute the way you document your life. Seriously, and who looks that cute to mow the lawn!?? Only you.
mowing was my job when we had a lawn all our own...I had a hard time with Abbie in the snuggli while trying to start the mower. It sure made her bob around as I gave the mower a good starting pull. ha!
Impressed. I want to mow the lawn but Jonathan won't teach me how to drive his monster lawn mower...I think he thinks I might break it...which is probably true...but still...I just wanted to surprise him so he didn't have to do it on Saturday.
Christy, I love, love, LOVE your blog!!! I can hear you talking through the whole thing. And I just saw your family photos...AMAZING!!! You and Ryan were and still are the cutest couple ever. Not to mention your adorable kids!! You look great by the way. I'm so impressed you have five children. I hope to be like you someday :) Love ya! Ondy
Uhhh, Christy, that's an amazing picture of you!! You look so thin! Like you're 19 or something. Crazy. Your kids are adorable too of course. Isn't the bjorn a lifesaver?
Post a Comment