We were all so excited about seeing the arch but we had no idea how beautiful just the walk from the parking lot would be. The ground was covered in leaves and the trees were so beautiful lining the walkway. I think we were there the perfect weekend. When the wind blew, it was like snowing leaves. It was fun shuffling our feet and watching the leaves go flying.
Addy was a little apprehensive as she saw the small pod with 5 seats our family would be packed in as we ascended the arch.
Halle was also a little nervous once we were inside, as you can tell. She just held my hand and we made it to the top in 4 minutes.
Thankfully, Luke and Mia were too young to get nervous. Luke enjoyed sitting on Dad's lap on the way up.
Luke also enjoyed the view from the windows once we reached the top.
The view was beautiful even on a cloudy day.
The older gentleman working at the top of the arch offered to take a family shot for us. Ryan and I almost felt like we were as big of an attraction as the arch with the amount of people staring at the amount of children we have. I could see people counting as our kids just kept coming out of our little tram car.
We got some lunch downtown afterward and Ryan spotted this fountain with pink water that he knew Mia would love. (Please take note that Mia is actually wearing pants. It took a lot to convince her she couldn't wear a skirt and she only cried for about an hour!)
Walking back to the car the kids enjoyed playing in the leaves. It was so much fun watching them. It made me a little sad about the lack of big trees in our neighborhood. Luke loved throwing leaves at everyone.
5 comments:
they may have been counting your kids, but their amazement was due to the fact that there isn't an ugly one in the bunch. seriously, your family is so. dang. cute.
How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. Wish we could have been there too!!
O.k. I did the arch when I was at a conference my senior year of college...I was scared to death of that little pod...it was ancient...and then the whole thing sways way more at the top that I had expected. But I'm glad your kids had fun!
What a fun trip! Those leaves look like they would be a lot of fun to play in.
Okay, *I* love that fountain with pink water. Seriously, can I get one for my house?
Post a Comment