Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just right

Those of you who know me may not realize what a hard time I have making decisions. Shopping for clothes is a nightmare. Ryan is always good to bring along because he is NOT a window shopper (and he has good fashion sense). If he's with me, he will help confirm my decisions and force me to buy something. (Did I mention I can also be a cheapskate? That complicates the decision-making further). When I go shopping by myself, I have a hard time choosing and usually end up making a return trip.

When it came to our family pictures last fall (yes, it has taken me forever!) I was overwhelmed with the amount of darling pictures of the kids. I loved them all so how could I possibly choose just one to frame and hang on the wall? Then life got busy, as it does for everyone, and time flew by. We finally got around to ordering them a few weeks ago and then took a little longer to choose and purchase frames I was happy with. The frames arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait another second to get them on the wall. I immediately put all my pictures into their frames and had my neighbor Stacey pop over to help me arrange them. Then I made templates of all the frames, squared off the section of wall I would be using with painter's tape and got to work. At first, it seemed like making the templates would be a waste of time but I was soooo happy I did in the long run. Some of these pictures are quite high on the wall ( I don't know how I managed without using a ladder) and it helped a lot to know exactly where I needed to put my nail when I was precariously reaching over the stair rail.

When it was all said and done, I couldn't help staring at it. I know it seems silly but it was quite the accomplishment for me. I couldn't wait for Ryan to get home to admire my handiwork. He was impressed.
P.S. If you'd like to see what form of naughtiness Luke was up to while I was doing this, click here.

5 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

The pictures look gorgeous! What a focal point up the staircase.

That other stuff, well it's just messy. I should know, Hannah did the same thing, except in her tiny room when she was 21/2. I came in to a cloud and a little ghost girl. WE cleaned that stuff up for weeks.

Amber King said...

It's beautiful! And very smart using painters tape. It looks perfect.

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

That looks so good and what a great idea with the "W" I just may have to copy you! :)

sara said...

Awesome. I'm going to copy. Where'd you get the W?

christy said...

The W came from Hobby Lobby. It was gold but I spray painted it silver.