There's a new cake boss in town. Her name is Addy. About a week or so ago she sketched out on paper what she wanted her birthday cake to look like. She even color-coded everything. She let me know she was going to need frosting and fondant to complete her masterpiece. We set to work Monday afternoon. She did 90% of the work and I swooped in at the last minute when she was completely worn out and a little frustrated to help her finish it. It was just like all the cake decorating shows you see on tv: lots of frustration, a few tossing of items and some exasperated outbursts. After a few hours, it was finished. And we were both very happy with the outcome but don't plan on doing it again anytime soon. Addy's got skills. She definitely has a lot of designing/creative endeavors in her future. Would you agree?
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
15 hours ago
9 comments:
Holy cow! That is an amazing cake! Is she taking orders? So cute.
I'm SUPER impressed...I've always been intimidated by fondant and have never tried to use it. Good job Addy!
That's Amazing! I wish we could have eaten it! It looks tasty!
skills.
Wow! That's awesome!
I love it! And those are the best candles.
WOW. Addy's skills put mine to shame. To SHAME! Does she do mail-order cakes yet??
Wow...that looks awesome. One talented little lady!
Love the cake! Great job Addy! Marissa is excited to make hers this weekend!
Post a Comment