Tuesday, August 4, 2009


I'm going to blame Kansas for my fascination/fear of thunderstorms at night. I can no longer peacefully enjoy them. I have to hop out of bed and make sure we're not on tornado watch and about to have our house taken up "Wizard of Oz" style. During the day, I love them but during the night I have to lay there listening to the sump pump's steady pumping, the hail, the thunder and Ryan's peaceful snoring as he sleeps through it all.


P.S. Some people were wondering if I took this picture. Thankfully, I can answer that I did not. I haven't seen any storm this crazy unless it's been in my nightmares.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Uh....yeah...that is one insane picture. I'm so glad you CAN'T sleep through them though so we'll now you're ok.

Josh n' Joni said...

That was something crazy this morning, wasn't it? Freaky picture...I'm glad that's not what I saw when I looked out of the window.

The Dragonfly said...

I lived in Kansas for five years as a child, and it created a huge fear of the freaky weather in me. Something about the way the sky turns an eery shade of green and everything gets really calm before the huge storm . . . I used to have nightmares about it all the time. Then my brother told me that flushing the toilet could cause a tornado and well, as you can imagine, my mom was not happy with my bathroom habits for a while there.

Megan said...

Did you take that picture?! Awesome, I mean, scary, sorry. I can't imagine what that would be like - sometimes I worry about our roof blowing off in our crazy windstorms, but they don't look anything like that! Glad you guys are safe, and p.s. - your little chunky monkey is sooooooooo cute, I could just snatch her up and never give her back! What a doll!

Sunny said...

I think all lightening storms are scary...I can't imagine throwing in possible tornados. I would be a wreck!