Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's great to be EIGHT!!

Halle celebrated her eighth birthday on Sunday. It was kind of a marathon birthday with her ear-piercing and party on Saturday, her actual birthday on Sunday, her special birthday date with Dad on Monday and birthday snacks at school on Tuesday. Her baptism is this coming Saturday as well. What do I say about Halle on her special day? Here are eight special things about this girl we love so much:
1. She adds a lot of spice to our family. She's so funny and super weird (see pictures below).
2. She is super determined. When she wants to learn to do something (riding a bike, juggling, doing a round-off) she will practice, practice, practice until she can do it. She won't stop until she can do it by herself.
3. She's a little athlete. I think part of it has to do with her determination but a lot of it comes naturally. I remember when she was 2, Addy would ride her bike to the park a mile away and Halle would literally run the whole way there on her little 2-year-old legs. She never stops.
4. She can be a sweet sister, especially to Luke and Mia. She will play with them and make them feel like a million bucks.
5. She's oh-so-smiley. One of our neighbors nicknamed her "Smiley" because she's always smiling.
6. She has a split personality, in a good way. At church and school she is a quiet, well-mannered (and sometimes shy) child and at home she is the craziest of the crazies. It's always entertaining to talk with her teachers and see what a different Halle they see.
7. She never leaves home without saying "I love you!" It makes a mom feel great, even on the cruddy mornings.
8. She's smart as a whip and a hard worker.




2 comments:

Megan said...

Those pictures are hilarious! What a fun kiddo - I can't believe you let her get her ears pierced!! Wow, I must be so mean I said no way to Livy - she has to wait until she's 12!! You'll have to let me know if its not really that bad. Did Addy get hers pierced at 8 too?

Amber King said...

I love the weird. The pictures of Halle wearing underwear on her head while reading is priceless.