Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How to keep your baby occupied (and really happy)

If you're one of those really great, super healthy, over-cautious mothers who doesn't think you should give your kids any sugar, you may not want to read this post. I am not one of those. I mean, I think I'm a pretty great mom most of the time. Don't get me wrong. But I don't think my kids are going to have any lasting negative effects from eating sugar cereal for dinner. Or ingesting candy. I've been a candy-eater my whole life and I think I turned out okay. So here goes...

Notice the snotty nose. It goes so well with the sugary, stickiness all over her face.
Do you think she's happy? I would say she's in baby bliss.
Her favorite part was "popping" the sucker out of her mouth and then sticking it back in. It kept making her (and I) laugh.
I actually gave her the sucker so I could have a few extra minutes prep time for Halle's party but then I couldn't stop taking pictures of her so the extra time was kinda out the window.
I think it was worth it. Don't you agree?

4 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

I concur. My weapon of choice is licorice. :)

Kevin and Jeni said...

Excellent idea! I can't wait to see pictures of popsicles!

Amber King said...

I would give her a sucker everyday just to see the sheer happiness on her face again. So cute.

Rileigh said...

most defiantly!