Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Girliest

Mia is, by far, the girliest of our girls thus far. They all like dressing up and looking pretty but Mia takes it to the next level. Remember? She's our girl that
does not wear pants. She has a pink tutu that she has worn the past 2 summers non-stop. It's seen better days and about ready to be retired to the trash can. Last night she had her first ballet and tap recital. It was about the cutest thing ever and I'm not biased or anything. I wasn't a huge fan of her recital dress but once she put it on, I changed my mind. She made that dress cute, as did all the little girls there. She was also really excited that she got to wear makeup out of the house (that's a big no-no in our family until you're twelve). I've always had her keep a nice short a-line haircut but these days she's asked to grow it out long. How could I not oblige? She has a birthday coming up and I can hardly believe she's almost five. They grow up too quickly. Especially when they're a princess.

4 comments:

Amber King said...

I'm loving those gloves. She looks adorable.

bfav said...

sooo cute. Ava will be jealous.

Josalyn said...

oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I can't wait until Brenda is old enough to do dance stuff.

Sunny said...

We love girly Mia! I think she helped Emily start to like wearing skirts. Ever since you visited Emily will now wear skirts on weekdays.