Yesterday after church we had leftovers for lunch. Addy and I chose pizza and I put it in the toaster oven to warm it up. The younger ones, of course, chose leftover chocolate chip pancakes from breakfast. After a few short minutes, there was a horrible burning smell. I thought it was some crumbs burning on the bottom of the toaster oven so I quickly turned it off and took the pizza out. It didn't smell bad and I couldn't find anything burning. It had literally only been on for maybe 2-3 minutes, not even enough time to get super hot. We opened up all the windows and there was a good amount of smoke in the kitchen. I was actually surprised the smoke detector didn't go off. The most frustrating part was I still couldn't figure out what was burning and causing the smell. Then I noticed that the microwave was flashing END and that Halle hadn't taken her pancake out. I opened the door and this is what I found...
I think she must have accidentally hit an extra button and scorched the pancake to a crisp. We are STILL trying to air out the microwave and the house from that horrible smell. Needless to say, she didn't end up having pancakes.
3 comments:
oh man! I'd say an extra button!
I just read Mia's remark on facebook. So funny.
Oh that poor Ikea plate! You know it's going to be a good post when you start laughing just from looking at the picture!
Poor Halle. I've done worse. I think we have thrown out three PANS because I left something to cook in them and wandered off. The worst was the pacifier... We ended up airing out the entire house for hours and going on a walk to get away from the stink. It was a cold January day too!
Post a Comment