Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gr"ADDY"tude

I have so many things to be thankful for but today I want to focus on just one: Addy. She is such an amazing girl. She is thoughtful, darling, helpful, uber-creative, funny, and smart as a tack. At our last parent-teacher conference, her teacher told me Addy is her "go-to girl". She told me she didn't know what she would do without her. I don't either.

We had a little scare this last week. Addy woke up in the wee hours of the morning two separate days with a severe headache that caused her to throw up several times. As this is not normal behavior for a child her age, her doctor recommended we get an MRI to rule out anything that may be causing these headaches. For the most part, I felt at peace and that the MRI results would come back okay but there was still that small part of me that worried "what if there is something wrong?" I tried not to let my mind wander down that path but sometimes our imaginations can be our worst enemies.

Ryan and I took Addy in Monday afternoon for the MRI. She was so brave and the test was over in a matter of minutes. Thankfully, we got the results yesterday and everything looks normal. I breathed a sigh of relief and was overjoyed and full of gratitude for all the blessings we have been given by a loving Father in Heaven. Especially for one particular nine-year-old girl.

P.S. Thank you to all the family members and friends that kept Addy in their prayers.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Hooray! I'm so relieved. She's been in our thoughts and prayers all weekend.

Jessica said...

I am so happy everything is okay. Don't remind me of headache and throwing up.. ;) Russ still thinks he ruined you. :)