Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kansas History Museum


In between bouts of the stomach flu, we took a family outing to the Kansas History Museum on Saturday per Halle's request (I was supposed to go with her on a field trip with school earlier in the week, but Luke was up throwing up the night before so I missed it). We actually had a lot of fun. Here are the kids outside the log cabin. You've got to love Mia's "smile". 
Adddy and Halle said this log cabin looked like somewhere Grandma Patsy would like to live so I should take a picture of it. I think they're probably right. 
This picture doesn't quite do it justice but they have a full-size real train inside the museum. I think it was one of the highlights for the kids.
Three kiddos peeking out one of the train windows.
Halle said this place was the "dance floor". It was one of her favorite parts when she came with her class. The kids loved the big neon sign. Thankfully, we had a good time and the kids were all well-behaved so Ryan and I could actually enjoy some of the exhibits and read up on our Kansas history. Once we were all buckled up in the car, Luke threw up all over himself and the stomach flu took over our family once again for the weekend.

0 comments: