My great-grandma Carter has a special place in my heart. She lived well into her nineties and I remember her for many things: her love for reading (she was a librarian and always had several books she was reading at once), her great skill at Scrabble, her loud speaking voice (she was deaf for many years), her hard working nature and her love of butter. You could actually catch her sometimes eating butter out of the tub with a spoon when she thought no one was looking. Sounds gross, I know, but she lived a healthy life well into her nineties. I don't think the butter hurt her too much. When I saw the gobs of butter Luke was putting on his toast when I wasn't looking, I fondly thought of Grandma Carter.
This was probably the amount she would "sneak" when she thought no one was looking.
3 comments:
Me and your Grandma would have been best buds, I just know it!
I love that!
That is adorable. Brings back a lot of memories of Grandma Carter. Glad Luke is keeping the love of butter alive in the family.
Post a Comment