I never knew there was such a thing until today. I had to purchase a bag of balloons so Addy could make a paper mache planet for school. I thought Mia and Luke would be so excited to each have their own balloon. I blew one up for each of them and even tied a ribbon to them. They each played with them for approximately one minute and then got frustrated that they wouldn't stay in the air. Mia said "Here, Mom, you can have mine". Every once in a while I let them get a helium balloon from our local dollar store and I guess that's spoiled them for good. They have no idea how lucky they are. I know Sunny and Amber's children never get to fully enjoy balloons for longer than a few short minutes due to their mother's fear/dislike of the latex wonders. We'll see if the balloons get any more love/interest when nap time is over. I'll keep you posted. I think they're doomed to the kitchen floor and soon to the garbage. Poor unloved balloons.
Every 2027 Color Of The Year (So Far!)
15 hours ago
3 comments:
It's true. I hate latex balloons. Sadly, Evie doesn't get to play with balloons at all - unless it's a Mylar.
It could be worse . . . my kids draw faces on their balloons (which rub off on everything they touch!) and keep them as "pets." With names and beds and feeding schedules.
I hate balloons, too. Icky.
Just looking at the picture of balloons gets my heart racing...sadly I'm not kidding. I really do have a phobia.
But that's hilarious that the kids won't play with them unless they stay in the air. Yes my kids would be jealous.
Post a Comment