Monday, January 24, 2011

That's a lot of chimichangas...


I'm trying out a frozen meal swap with some ladies from church. I made 2 separate dishes (chicken chimichangas and chicken pesto pasta), 6 times each. I'm not going to lie-making the dinner's was no piece of cake. It took awhile but I think it's going to be totally worth it to have 10 different homemade dinners in my freezer that I can pop in the oven when the 4 o'clock "what in the world should I make for dinner" madness hits. And I have some extras all ready in case I need to take dinner to someone in a pinch. I let you know how it works out. Here's what sitting in the freezer right now:
Pulled pork
Lasagna
Curry chicken with Broccoli
Chicken Enchiladas
Taco Lasagna
Chicken Florentine Pie
Sausage Kale Soup
Ham and Potato Soup
Chicken Chimichangas
Chicken Pesto Pasta

8 comments:

Sunny said...

You're chimichangas sound good. Can you email me your recipe? :)

Kath said...

Let me know how those turn out of you once they've been in the freezer. I would love to do something like that, but I'm afraid it won't be as good because it's not fresh.

Kath said...

I meant for you, not of you

Melanie said...

that's a really good idea....

Kevin and Jeni said...

That sounds like fun, I mean after you get the food :) Maybe we should try that here!

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

Awesome! Kathryn, Kim, Me and I don't remember who else did a meal swap here once upon a time. I wouldn't mind doing it again. Kathryn? :)

Amy said...

I have some friends here who do this, but they make vegetarian meals, and I thought that seemed like too much work! Keep us updated on how it goes!

Laura said...

What a good idea! The list of food you have sounds delicious!