Before pic
I found this little secretary earlier this summer. I had been looking for just the right piece so that we could store the laptop away conveniently when not in use. When I saw it on Craigslist less than 2 miles from our house, I knew it was destiny. It was a good price and I got to sanding and painting right away. Ryan was a little unsure about my desire to paint it green but he has since agreed it was a good choice. I also modpodged my favorite apple & pear fabric into the back. It gives it an even more cheery touch. Whenever I see it, it makes me happy. I still haven't decided 100% on the knobs I want to use. Something simple like brushed nickel or maybe some sparkly crystal knobs? The jury is still out. In the mean time, I am loving my little hideaway. We tucked it into a corner of the kitchen that is somewhat hidden from view from the front entry and family room. A little iTunes and I'm in heaven.
9 comments:
skills. so cute.
I love that it's green, it looks perfect! Seriously, you do have skills.
I was feeling guilty today because I found the cutest knobs and I didn't buy them for you. I feel better after looking back at the picture and realizing that you need so many of them (it looks like 8...is that true?). Anyway - they were just on the clearance rack at Anthropologie - and would be the bomb on your little piece of heaven. Let me know if you don't need as many knobs as it looks like you do. Because if you only need two - I want to buy them for you.
Seriously, that is an awesome piece and you made it even better! It does deserve some special knobs though - I suggest looking at Anthropologie on line. Their knobs are the best and most unique - perfect for your unique piece!
Love it! I really like the green. I think the crystal would be fun but the nickel would be classy. You might not be able to see the crystal ones that easy due to the green color but they would be cool. Can't wait to find out what you choose.
I wish I had your vision and craftiness...it looks awesome.
SO stinkin cute!!!
Darling darling! I luv the curves on the top, the color...and the fabric...yummy girl! And I'm with Joni, some Anthropologie knobs would be ever darling...especially if they didn't match. I love un-matching knobs on a sweet piece like your secretary. xoxo
I love it! You always have such fun, cute ideas!
Post a Comment